WHAT DOES YOUR COMPANY DO WELL
PART 1 – Individual Research Project (5%)
Week 4 (Individual Class presentation – 3%)
Week 5 (Section collation – 2%)
Environmental Analysis Areas to be researched (Chapter 2)
Internal (see SWOT Analysis in Diagram 1)
• Strengths (p. 16)
• Weaknesses (p. 16)
• Competitors (p. 23)
• Industry (p. 23)
• Political and Legal (p. 22)
• Economic (p. 21)
• Socio-Cultural (p. 17)
• Technology (p. 21)
• Natural Environment (any areas of the natural environment that can impact the business. e.g. drought, bushfires, floods, cyclones, natural resources)
What is due and when?
Week 4 – Individual Class presentations (1-2mins) – (worth 3%)
• You will need to Introduce yourself
• Introduce your Researched Topic Area (assigned in week 2’s tutorial class)
• Outline your Research Point & Reference Source
• Identify the relevance of the research to Environmental Analysis
Week 5 – Combine the researched sections – (worth 2%)
• Organise and meet with the other students who have researched the same section as you in your class
• Compile all your research into a coherent, concise and APA referenced section (clearly labelling which research belongs to which student – using preferred names in [brackets])
• Email the elected “class captain” (decided by each class in week 2) your compiled sections by______________________________________.
• The elected “class captain” is then to collate all submissions into one (1) document, to be emailed to your tutor by _________________________________________.
Diagram 1: SWOT Analysis
Elliot, G., Rundle-Thiele, S., & Waller, D. (2012). Marketing (2nd ed.). Milton, Queensland: John Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd.
DETAILED PROJECT SCENARIO – Semester 1, 2014
Create a new packaged snack food product for Tucker’s Natural company.
All groups will be taking on the role of the marketing team for Tucker’s Natural. Tucker’s Natural is a manufacturer of a range of savoury crackers, dessert biscuits and multi-fibre snacks. The Tucker family, who established the company, is enthusiastic about creating 100% natural, hand-made products that are yeast and preservative free. The various products are Australian-made from local ingredients. Take a look at the company’s product range here: http://www.tuckersnatural.com.au/index.php/site/products/
The owners of Tucker’s Natural have asked your marketing team to further extend their product range by developing a “new” tangible product for the Australian market. Please note that your product must not be a chocolate or confectionery item. It is extremely important that you first consider the class research of the company, industry, competitors and PESTL before deciding on the product type and details.
The product must be a consumer product (B2C) for people living here in Australia. You need to consider your potential target market including age, interests and gender. Your group’s product must also be “new” in some way to the Australian market. This can include a new-to-the-world product, a new product line, an addition to an existing product line, improvements or revisions of an existing product, a new-to-Australia product or a repositioned product. It may be a good idea to check the local retailers as part of your group’s research to increase your appreciation for the variety and depth of products in the packaged snack food market.