Topic: MODULE 4 MIDTERM
In this module, you will write a midterm examination based on all the materials covered so far in the course. The exam consists of five essay type questions. Answer all the five questions. Cite references from other scholarly courses whenever appropriate.
Read Essays 1.1 to 3.4 from your textbook (Toward a Grand Strategy Against Terrorism). Based on your readings, respond to the following:
1. What are Dwigins and Schmidt’s conclusions on the adequacy of international law to address the threat of terrorism?
2. How did the U.S. led counterinsurgency operation against the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) in northeastern Afghanistan achieve success?
3. What are some advantages of multilateral diplomacy versus bilateral diplomacy? What are some disadvantages of multilateral diplomacy versus bilateral diplomacy?
4. What are the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) Nine Special Recommendations on Terrorist Financing?
5. Explain the importance of “intelligence” and “initiative” in terms of counterterrorism operations.
Be sure to present your discussion from the perspective of the textbook authors, your interpretation of the perspective, as well as from your own perspective based on personal experience if any.