Rhetorical Analysis and “Diet for a Warm Planet”
Write a 1,200+ word literary analysis in which you examine “Diet for a Warm Planet” by Julia Whitty. Your essay should respond directly to the following prompt:
Write a rhetorical analysis of Whitty’s proposal.
• Explain how she uses logos—appeals to common sense, reason, and values—to win over her readers.
• Explain how she uses pathos—appeals to emotions such as fear, guilt, hope, etc.—to persuade.
• Explain how she uses ethos—appeals to reader’s sense of fairness and trust.
• In the end, be sure to make an overall assessment about whether her proposal is persuasive or not.
Specific Essay Requirements:
Introduction must include the following elements:
• ? A title that reflects your thesis
• ? Engaging opening line
• ? A clear announcement of author, title, and genre
• ? Brief, general summary/context of text
• ? A critical claim (thesis)
• ? Clear
• ? Focused
• ? Supportable
• ? Worthy
• ? Addresses assignment
Body paragraphs must meet the following requirements:
• ? At least four comprehensive body paragraphs
• ? Topic sentences that reflect thesis
• ? At least three quotes from the text that advance individual arguments
• ? Transitions within and between paragraphs
• ? Thesis-driven prose
• ? A minimum of summary
Conclusion must achieve the following:
• ? Bring closure to your essay—your thesis.
• ? Suggest the significance of your analysis.
• ? Avoid summarizing the text.
• ? Rhetorical Analysis must be written in the “literary present” tense.
• ? Quotes must be integrated and introduced correctly.
• ? Context (explanation) for each quote must be provided.
• ? Self-reference must be omitted. Avoid the “I.”
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT