An Inconvenient Truth Response
Rent/borrow/or check out of a library if you need to review from class:
(1) Al Gore’s “An Inconvenient Truth” – a pro-global warming film by the former V.P.
(2) Read the transcript of Glenn Beck’s “Exposed: A Climate of Fear” – an anti-global warming TV documentary from CNN Headline News’ Glenn Beck Program. You may
access the transcripts here.
Prepare a 1100-1400 word paper that covers the following points:
• Summarize the intent of “An Inconvenient Truth”
• Summarize the intent of “Exposed: A Climate of Fear”
• State which side you believe was more compelling. (Pay close attention to how information is presented and how you react to it. Do you tend to find arguments
more compelling based on the content or the presentation style?).
• “Inconvenient Truth” was made before “Exposed: A Climate of Fear” so the second answers Al Gore’s film on certain points. Which counterpoints do you find
convincing? Which are not convincing?
• What is your take on global climate change?
• Is it better to err on the side of caution and work to reduce carbon/greenhouse gas emissions before the science is certain of the human contribution to the
problem or is it better to keep the global economy growing while the scientific understanding advances? Is there another alternative to these two options?